Internet Monitoring Software Solution
With alerts, trends, reports and drilldown capabilities, LANGuardian can tell you everything you need to know about Internet activity on your network.
LANGuardian passively captures Internet traffic usually via a SPAN port or TAP.
It stores all the critical details including IP address, user name, domain names, URI and bandwidth consumed in its own database. This gives you access to realtime and historical web usage reports.
You can create custom reports to filter the information by IP address, user, date and time, website, or download type. You can also save these reports as trends so that you can see how traffic patterns change over time.
- Captures via SPAN port or TAP.
- Integration with Active Directory so you can see who is doing what on the Internet.
- Passive monitoring so no proxy, agents or client software required.
Provides unrivaled visibility into the Internet traffic generated by the users on your network.
“We needed to collect all web activity down to the URL level from a span port. As a benefit it also provides unique out-of-band network forensics for troubleshooting or identifying odd network traffic.“
Network Analyst at Illinois Central College
How Does Web Activity Monitoring Work?
The deep packet inspection capabilities of LANGuardian and its ability to integrate information from other sources such as DNS and Active Directory enable it to provide more detailed information than can be obtained from NetFlow. For example, if users try to bypass content filtering by using a proxy server, LANGuardian can detect this and report on the sites the users are visiting.
LANGuardian makes troubleshooting difficult network problems much easier. The system provides an unparalleled level of detail on Internet user activity:
- Copyright Infringement at University: A customer recently received a notice of copyright infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, stating that an illegal movie upload had been traced back to the university’s network and providing the hash value for the download. By searching the LANGuardian database for the hash value, the customer was able to immediately identify the culprit by name.
- Blacklisting of IP Address: After a customer’s IP address was inexplicably blacklisted by MessagLabs twice in two days, a LANGuardian report identified two external addresses that were sending large amounts of mail through a relay on the customer’s network. Once he understood what the problem was, the network manager was able to easily solve it by configuring the relay to allow connections only from MessageLabs.
Here are some of the many things you can do with LANGuardian:
- Log all internet activity passively
- Get daily reports of the most frequently visited websites.
- Get a breakdown of traffic downloaded from CDNs (content delivery networks) based on the requesting websites.
- Monitor web activity even when users are accessing the web by means of an authorized or unauthorized proxy server.
- See how much bandwidth is being consumed by visits to social media sites such as YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Identify all web browsers and versions that are in use on your network.
- Detect instances of network misuse, such as downloading movies from Netflix and iTunes.
- Track down users who are uploading and downloading copyrighted material via BitTorrent.
You can also use LANGuardian to investigate and report on past Internet activity by users. The LANGuardian database stores months (sometimes years, depending on the traffic volume and amount of disk space available) of historical traffic data. You can use this data for advanced forensic analysis, creating audit trails, and troubleshooting problems that manifest themselves over a long period of time.
LANGuardian is also an ideal employee Internet monitoring solution.
Web Activity Monitoring
Immediate Access Easy to Deploy Fully Functional
Enter your details:
Immediate Access – No Obligation
No Credit Card Required