How do I add a remote sensor to our central manager?
All LANGuardian systems (Standalone, Central Managers and Sensors) are built using the same software, but they are configured and licensed in different ways.
To create a Central Manager and Sensor system you will need:
- to know the IP address and Administrator Web GUI password of your Central Manager system.
- a system to configure as a sensor. This system requires 2 network cards.
1. Create a new LANGuardian system:
2. Verify that the new system is correctly receiving SPAN traffic:
Confirm this on the LANGuardian Sensors GUI page (under SPAN)
3. Verify that the new LANGuardian system can connect to the Central Manager:
Access the console (CLI) and select option 4 (Ping). Enter the Central Manger IP address
4. Convert the new system to probe (sensor) mode and bind it to a Central Manager:
4.1. Access the new LANGuardian console and select option 7 (Set Operating Mode)
4.2. Select ‘Change to probe’
4.3. Supply the password of the web GUI on the Central Manager system.
5. Add the new sensor on the Central Manager:
5.1. Access the Web GUI on your Central Manager system and go to Settings > Sensors
5.2. Add new sensor.
5.3. Choose ‘Remote/Local’ and your new sensor’s IP address should be visible. If not, review your license to make sure you are licensed to add additional sensors.