SSH service needs to be enabled on free version of ESX server in order to deploy the NetFort LANGuardian using the Deployment Wizard.
There are two different methods of enabling SSH under ESX:
1. Using vSphere Centre Security Profile Options:
- Navigate to your ESXi Configuration tab.
- Select Security Profile under Software Menu.
- Click on Properties button in the right hand corner of the Services Menu.
- Select SSH from the list and click on options button.
- Click on the Start button to enable SSH.
2. Through ESX server console in Troubleshooting Options:
- Press F2 and enter your Administrator password to get into ESXi System Customization.
- Select Troubleshooting Options from the list.
- Navigate down to Enable SSH and press enter to activate it.