Copyright Infringement Forensics Software
The presence of unlicensed copyright material on the network is a significant problem for many organizations. In addition to the risk of financial penalties if found to be in breach of copyright laws, valuable bandwidth and storage resources are consumed with the storage and distribution of music and video files.
LANGuardian can alert you to possible copyright infringements in several different ways:
- Custom reports showing the presence of music and video files on the network. For example, you could create a report that lists files with any of the following extensions:
- .mp3, .aac, .ogg, .wma, .wav, .avi, .wmv, .rar
- Traffic reports showing transmission of media file types across the network.
- Reports showing downloads of media file types from the Internet.
- Reports showing downloads from known file-sharing sites such as Rapidshare, MegaUploads and Hotfile.
- Monitoring traffic on default peer-to-peer ports such as 6346 (LimeWire TCP), 6347 (LimeWire UDP), 4662 (eMule TCP), 4672 (eMule UDP), 6881 (BitTorrent TCP) and 6889 (BitTorrent UDP).
- Tracking a specific download to a named user in response to a notice issued under the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
While these reports will also include files that are legitimately downloaded and stored on the network, you can use the drill-down capabilities of the user interface to quickly identify suspect files and behavior.
Find out more
If you have any questions about how LANGuardian can meet your requirements, please contact us. If you would like to see LANGuardian in action, please try our online demo system or download a free 30-day trial to try it on your own network with your own data.
Talk to us now
Talk to NetFort today. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at +353 91 426 565.
How to buy
We offer perpetual and subscription LANGuardian licenses based on the number of users on your network and the number of sensors you want to deploy. Specialized features are provided as optional modules, so you do not pay for them if you do not need them.