Who are Garland Technology?
Garland Technology is a leader in network access hardware which guarantees precise data monitoring capabilities with a full line of access products: network TAPs that support aggregation, regeneration, bypass and breakout modes; packet brokering products; and cables and pluggables. Garland’s hardware solutions let you see every bit, byte, and packet™ in your network.
As a NetFort customer, why would you need TAPs?
- If you have a need to regenerate your SPAN ports so that you have multiple sources of packet data. This is typically the case when there is a shortage of SPAN ports.
- If you want to aggregate multiple 1G SPAN ports to 1G/10G monitoring port(s). This is typically used when you need to send traffic from multiple sources to one monitoring tool.
The Garland Technology FAB (Filtering Aggregating Load Balancing) can provide a number of ways to to filter, aggregate and distribute 1G or 10G copper or fiber media traffic for comprehensive analysis by LANGuardian. The FAB is available in 8, 16, 24 or 48 port appliances to provide total flexibility to most network access problems.
Garland FAB Key Features
- Any to Any configuration: 1G to 1G, 1G to 10G, 10G to 1G, 10G to 10G, 1G to 40G, 10G to 40G, 40G to 10G
- All ports can be configured as input ports or monitoring ports
- Copper SFPs support 10/100/1000 base 1U Chassis with dual internal PSUs
- 1/10Gigabit available in 8, 16, 24, 36, 48 port configurations
- 1/10/40Gigabit media support available
- Packet Slicing
- Load balancing using multiple definitions
- User Definable layer 2, 3 and 4 filtering
- Counters for ingress and egress traffic
- Secure logging and management RMON statistics
- TACACS+ and RADIUS authentication
- Syslog friendly device management
- Support for thousands of filters
- VLAN tag and MPLS header Stripping
- Support MPLS and Q in Q framing
- Available in AC or DC Power
- No per port licensing fees
- All features are included