There are several important differences between campus networks and corporate networks:
- Campus networks usually have very large numbers of users at a single location.
- The network tends to be used for leisure as well as network activities.
- Users have more freedom than corporate users – for example, in terms of allowed hardware, software, and mobile devices.
- Users are less aware of information security issues than users on corporate networks.
- Attacks from within the network are more common than in corporate networks.