What is LANGuardian?
NetFort LANGuardian is deep packet inspection software for investigating, monitoring, and reporting on network activity. It is a passive network traffic analyser, not inline and cannot have an impact on network performance.
LANGuardian helps network administrators to:
Integration with Active Directory and other directory services enables LANGuardian to report on the network activity of individual users and to generate traffic reports that incorporate usernames.
LANGuardian offers three ways to access information about network activity:
- Search – by username, IP address or subnet, file name, or web address.
- Dashboards – customizable pages that provide an overall view of network activity.
- Reports menu – built-in and custom reports with drilldown to the minutest level of detail.
You can get hands-on access to LANGuardian with our live demo. Better still, to really appreciate what LANGuardian can do, download a free trial and try it on your own network.
What can I do with LANGuardian?
The list of things you can do with LANGuardian is endless. Every customer finds unique ways to use it, solving problems they cannot solve with other tools. Here are some examples:
- Finding out who deleted a file from a network share.
- Troubleshooting a congested Internet link and drilling down to identify the IP address and username of a user who was streaming live TV to his computer.
- Troubleshooting a congested WAN link and identifying the cause as a misconfigured Windows image that was downloading updates during working hours.
- Generating a report for the HR department of the amount of time a named user spent on social media sites.
- Generating a report for senior IT management of the amount of bandwidth consumed by YouTube traffic for a given month.
- Responding to copyright infringement notices by identifying users who were using BitTorrent to share copyrighted files over the network.
- Identifying the source of spam originating from the network, thereby averting the threat of having an organization’s domain blacklisted by its ISP.
As well as viewing reports interactively in your web browser, you can generate them in PDF for emailing and printing. You can also schedule reports to run at any time and send you the output by email, and you can create alerts to notify you when thresholds have been breached. You can even import LANGuardian data directly into Microsoft Excel. And, it integrates with Windows and Active Directory, so you get reports that contain real user names instead of IP addresses.
More about network traffic monitoring
If you have any questions about how LANGuardian can meet your requirements, please contact us. If you would like to see LANGuardian network monitoring software in action, please try our online demo system or download a free 30-day trial to try it on your own network with your own data.
Find out more
If you have any questions about how LANGuardian can meet your requirements, please contact us. If you would like to see LANGuardian in action, please try our online demo system or download a free 30-day trial to try it on your own network with your own data.
Talk to us now
Talk to NetFort today. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at +353 (91) 520 501.